Choosing a suitable industrial videoscope, also known as a borescope or endoscope, depends on its features and functions, and the environment for which it is required. Many purchasers of visual inspection cameras are concerned about price. However, more attention should be paid to product performance and after-sales service. These factors have proven more important and provided better value for money over the long term.
Product attributes to consider
- Diameter & length of the probe - options for different insertion probe sizes, as not all requirements are alike, ensure the right equipment for the job.
- Image clarity and definition - the better the image, the more accurate the diagnosis and reduced likelihood of missing faults. The higher the resolution, measured in pixels, the better for capturing accurate and reliable still images and video.
- Lighting - bright lighting is necessary for clear imaging to see the smallest of defects.
- Flexibility of probes/camera head control - the ability to insert, bend and control the probe and camera head within inaccessible spaces means more accurate detection.
- Robustness and durability - many industrial videoscopes are required to function in harsh environments. Having a unit that is very robust and durable ensures reduced replacement/repair costs, proving more economical over time.
- Measurement function - accurate measurement is essential to determine size, location, and development of defects
- Portability - hand-held, portable, light-weight devices make inspections easier and more efficient
The reality of industrial environments and prolonged exposure to harsh elements, coupled with the occasion of overly rough operation and lack of maintenance, means even good quality videoscopes can break down. After-sales service is an important consideration when choosing your industrial videoscope. An experienced maintenance team, stock of parts, repair management and warranty availability are essential to prolonging the life of your product.
In summary, buying an industrial videoscope should not only be about price. Paying attention to product performance and after-sales service pay dividends over the long term and ensure the best opportunity for accurate maintenance, defect detection and non-destructive testing.
Contact our expert sales team to learn more about our range of industrial videoscopes and work out the best product for you in terms of performance, service and price.